Thursday, March 20, 2014

Three new motifs (11, 12, 13) AND teacup update

OK, first things first:
Not too shabby!  On the left, the original teacup; on the right, a test of a new design to make it larger and add my own touch, and the bottom center is my attempt to enact the prototype in the final colors.  "Real" cup (the white/pink/blue one) was rippling outward instead of curving upward, so I cut off the colored round and will try again.  I still think it will work.  Quite pleased with myself, and I got to go patronize my favorite local shop again, Heindselman's in downtown Provo.  

 Here on the left, we have a shamrock pattern I was trying out, and on the right, my adaptation of it to add a bead to the stem and have the stem end tatted in and not knotted at the end and cut off as I usually see them.  I hoped to make them into earrings, but time got away from me and I didn't get the next generation with decorative beads and picots made before St Patrick's Day.  These are made in size 40 Christmas Green and Christmas Green variegated in Lizbeth thread.

 And finally, below, my own tribute to Renulek's spring napkin/doily, which is intended as a pendant.  This is size 80 Lizbeth.

Update 3/22:  sold the pendant!  Woot!


  1. Looks like you are making wonderful progress on your teacup!! :)
    Very nice shamrocks! :)
    Very beautiful pendant!!! :)

  2. Hi, Grace! Yup, I'm in SLC. Been tatting since 1974, and it's nice to have others to tat with, which is why I go to Bonneville Tatters. :) Glad to "meet" another UT tatter. I've added you to my Blog reading list!

  3. Marty, I added you to my sidebar so I can find you easily as well. :)