Saturday, March 1, 2014

Birthday gift

Quite impressed with my creative success, I keep looking at the photo of the pendant/necklace I made for my sister's birthday.  Shipped it off today and fingers crossed she receives it by Thursday.

This is the same cross from a couple of posts ago with jump rings and neck cord and crystal attached for weight at the bottom.  I haven't worked with the findings before, and I am ever so pleased with the result.  Hence I keep pulling up the picture to preen a bit and pat myself on the back once more.

Here's the picture posted previously before I added the jewelry findings:

I initially made this pattern without the beads, and what I noted is that the beads gave the shape more definition, almost creating a border and guiding the eye in viewing the piece.

I have thought entirely too much about this dollar coin-sized scrap of pretty, so until next time!

I have taken a short lace hiatus--attempted some clunies and very disappointed with the results.  Hope to have SOMETHING completed soon to add to my 25 motif challenge count.

5 comments: